1 Day Wasted!

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 8:31 AM | 6 comments »

I completely fell off the wagon yesterday. I just finished putting everything into fitday that I ate/drank yesterday, and it came up to 129.5 carbs! Yes, internet, you red that correctly. It started out vry innocently, a good, hearty usual breakfast. Then hubby came home early from work and went to Costco for just a few things (i.e. cream, eggs, butter, frozen chicken, nuts) and we had promised the kids Dairy Queen on the way home. My daughter had won a contest at school and was given a certificate for a free large ice cream dipped in chocolate. So, both the kids got one and I went ahead and got the Breyer's no sgar added butter pecan in a small cup. Hubby got an iced coffee (probably one that was loaded with sugar!) We got home an di realized I had eaten about 4 half cup servings in that "small cup." That was 16 net carbs once I subtracted the sugar alcohols! Well, that was it for me for the day. it became a free for all. Then I had a beer, and a couple shots of tequila with hubby, some almonds (about 3 ounces worth). Even after all that, I was still ok. But then, I woke up at 3 am feeling like crap from the tequila, and I ate a bowl of Honey Nut Cheerios with skim milk. That was the kicker. In fact, now that I've seen the amount of sugar in those, I'm never buying them for my kids again. 

So, anyway, there's my written confession. It's over. I'm not weighing myself today, but I am having a very, very low carb day. I had bacon, eggs and a little cheese for breakfast. Going to have shrimp scampi for lunch and a little bit of zuchini and probably won't have anything else today. Also, I usually don't work out on Fridays or Saturdays, but I'm going to work out today. I'm sure it will be fine and hopefully I didn't gain any weight!

6 comments

  1. Jimmy Moore // January 3, 2009 at 12:35 PM  

    Don't sweat it, Penny! These kind of days will happen every now and then...just get right back on it again as if nothing happened. And don't weigh yourself for the next week or so. YOU'RE DOING GREAT!!!

  2. ~Oct // January 3, 2009 at 1:14 PM  

    I had a bad carb day yesterday too and it didn't effect my weight at all. I think one day out of a lifestyle isn't going to set you back ... if it does show up as a small gain it will wash away again like a sand castle in the tide as long as you get right back on your normal WoE. Your body might even react positively to the temporary shake up.

  3. jinxxxygirl // January 3, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

    I have found it hard to get back on track for the New Year. Don't know what it is exactly. And i'm not eating way over just a little here and there, just enough i think to keep me maintaining and not losing. But i'm gonna work on it. And it will be okay. One step at a time. Rejoice the things that are right and try to fix the things that are off. You'll get it under control Penny. Jinx

  4. Sweet Copper Penny // January 3, 2009 at 2:25 PM  

    Thanks guys. I just finished a good, hardcore, 2 hour workout (45 minue run and 1 hour 15 minute strength training) and have detoxed with 100 ounces of wtaer already today. I feel pretty good. It's just so hard to be so close and yet, so far away! Why is losing 30 pounds so darn difficult?

  5. Harry/JP // January 4, 2009 at 11:05 AM  

    Good going on the work-out, Penny. That sounds like a good way to get back on track.

    This is the first chance I've had to visit your site but I'll try to offer any input that I think might help.

    For now, I'll just say that I've found that larger amounts sugar-alcohols seem to awaken the hunger beast inside of me. I still use small amounts of stevia though.

    I hope today finds your menu and spirits in better shape. :)

  6. bayoubabe // January 4, 2009 at 6:15 PM  

    One day's ok Penny. You'll get back into the swang of things

Post a Comment