ANNOYED

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 12:14 PM | 2 comments »

I woke up this morning on the wrong side of the bed. I think I'm having a typical "stay at home mom" feeling. I feel very lonely these days. I don't get out much, other than to groccery shop or pick up kids. My husband has now started back college, and while of course, I'm EXTREMELY on board with this endeavor, he doesn't have much time for me anymore when he comes home. My best friend, (who happens to be my sister) lost her husband in Iraq on November 15th, so when I call her every morning, the last thing she really wants to hear about is me feeling lonely, right? And we've only lived here since June and other than a few neighbors, I haven't really made much effort to make any friends. Luckily, one of my dearest friends is moving here in February from NYC. I CAN'T WAIT!!! I actually have not had more than 5 minutes without my kids in 6 months, other than the 3 hours that the little one is at school in the am which as any mother knows, isn't enough time to do more than a few loads of laundry! So anyway, I think I need some ME time, and SOON!

Also, today, my son went on a field trip to the circus. They weren't supposed to be back until 1:30. I decided I would do a 55 minute strength FIRM dvd  and then also run before picking him up. See, his school is only aout a 10 minute walk away so I detour my route all around in order to make it a 3 mile trip and that gives me 30 minutes to run. Well, when I got there after running a full 20 minutes, the office said they wouldn't be back for another 45 minutes!!! Did I mention that the only thing near his school is a DAIRY QUEEN? I was SO annoyed. The last thing I felt like doing was walking all the way home, only to turn around and go back 20 minutes later. But, what was I going to do? So I came home and waited and then went back. However, the whole walk back up there, it was all I could do to keep myself from bursting into tears! I think tonight it's time to tell hubby that Im ready for him to go ahead and buy that 2nd car now!

If there was any junk food in the house, I'd be cheating today, seriously! 

2 comments

  1. bayoubabe // January 15, 2009 at 4:16 PM  

    If you can hold out until Feb. when your friend comes, then you should be OK. I do believe that you are using your time wisely to firm up and it sounds so. Keep up the great work & remember your friends are right here too :)

    Have a Blessed Evening

  2. Harry/JP // January 15, 2009 at 8:31 PM  

    Howdy, Penny.

    I obviously don't know you very well and certainly not your sister. But, I just wanted to throw something out there for you to think about.

    It *may be* that your sister would appreciate hearing about some of your own struggles. After all, she's going through an extremely rough time. Knowing that others are suffering too may somehow be helpful. Obviously your troubles aren't equal ... but maybe they don't have to be.

    The way I see it, it's a matter of intimacy. You'd be sharing something private with your best friend/sister. And who knows, she may even be able to comfort you and that could possibly (and temporarily) get her mind off of her own pain.

    I don't know if that makes sense or if it's helpful. But, it came to mind, so I wanted to share that with you.

Post a Comment