Running Shoe Blues

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 12:00 PM | 0 comments »

So I ran my "Week 4 Couch to 5k" today instead of walking to pick up my son from Pre-k. It's about a 15 minute walk so I had to make a few loops and turns and detours to make it work, but hey, I figured kill two birds with one stone,  right? It's just so hot ehre in the middle of the day. That makes it difficult. How is it still 85 degrees? Gotta love South Florida I guess. I haven't run since Saturday. Yesterday I did THE FIRM. So, my shins and calves hurt. I think it's my shoes. I'm very flat footed and they hurt towards the inside of my legs. I think I need to go get better running shoes. I could barely walk home with my son after I finsihed the run. They feel better now after a shower, but I know that my legs shouldn't be hurting like they are. Tomorrow I'm taking a day off from both running and any leg workout. I may get on the bowflex and do some strength training on my arms, chest and back. 

There are people coming to our townhouse tomorrow to rip up the carpet in the living room/dining room and all the kitchen and office tile to put down new tile everywhere. My husband JUST called to inform me of this. Do you know how much work that's going to require? Emptying bookshelves, moving furniture, etc. I guess I'm going to be busy the rest of the night. I hope he realizes he will be moving heavy furniture upstairs later as there's no way on earth I can carry a sofa or a glass top table up the stairs alone! I can't even pick up our 37" tv. Wow, I guess I do need to use that bowflex tomorrow!

I've been eating well. Hubby made delish NY strip steaks for dinner last night and a big salad. Tonight we are having jerk pork chops and I might make some broccoli. I'm going to get on a scale on Wednesday and see how I've done. Wish me luck. You may not hear from me tomorrow as I probably won't have internet while those guys are here.

0 comments

Post a Comment