A Pound of Pissed Off

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 10:40 AM | 5 comments »

So I broke down and got ont he scale this morning. I'm down another pound. YEAH for me. My legs also feel better today. I'm not working out today though, well, not as of yet. Sometimes at night if I start to get really hungry, I try to work out instead. Last night I ended up on exercise tv doing the 10 minute pilates abs and then the 18 minute Arms of Envy. Have you ever seen the "Envy Girls" videos? Yeah, I hate those b*tches. (No envy there. LOL)

I'm feeling sad today. I don't know why. The tile guys are here and haven't even really made a mess. They're doing a good job. I started thinking about this serious disconnect I have with my family this morning. Not my husband or kids, but my parents and siblings. It's really very sad that they know so little about Hubby and me. We moved away to NYC and they just really don't know us. I've discovered that my father has made a lot of incorrect assumptions about my husband and they really have hurt my feelings. I guess I'm just wondering now if it's even worth correcting or if I should just let it go. My husband laughs about it. He doesn't care what they think. I guess I shouldn't either. The reality is I only really need the people who live in my house. Everybody else is secondary to that and if I start to find a relationship is hurting me rather than helping me, and I don't think I can fix that, then I'm going to let that relationship go. 

There, I said it! Now maybe I can start to get over it and move on today. I'm off to make a delish sounding beef stew recipe. I'll let ya know how it turns out!

5 comments

  1. jinxxxygirl // January 6, 2009 at 1:57 PM  

    I can relate........haven't seen or talked to my mother in 10 years give or take. We have a very stormy relationship. Have a brother i haven't seen in 22 years. I need positive people in my life and thats what i have. I'm often told when my mother passes away i will regret it......but the truth is i already regret it has to be this way but at the same time there is not a doubt in my mind that this is the way it needs to be. She is very overbearing and if i was a stronger person maybe i could just put her in her place and that would be that but i'm not and i let her run over me and so i cut ties.......selfishly for my sanity. Needless to say thats a ver abbreviated over view but just know you are not alone. My husband and daughter and even my husbands family are all i really need. My family all live on the east coast and we live in Texas. My husbands family have really taught me the meaning of family. Keep running! Jinx

  2. Anonymous // January 6, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

    Hi there toots, I hope you don't mind that I stopped by for a visit. I am a friend of Sheila and your "About Me" definitely caught my eye. You remind me of myself, except that you're much skinnier now... mucho! Would you mind if I followed your blog? I am seeking for blogs to relate to as I write in my new accountability blog, so let me know what you think :) good luck and I hope your relationship with your family will strengthen over time!!

    www.birdiesnestexposed.blogspot.com

    <3 Martha

  3. Anonymous // January 6, 2009 at 6:33 PM  

    I am now a proud new follower of your blog lol, you'll be hearing from me! :)

  4. Harry/JP // January 6, 2009 at 7:38 PM  

    Congrats on the pound-loss, Penny!

    I'm sorry to learn of your family troubles. Sometimes rifts like this can change, in time. I've seen it happen before. I hope that possibility becomes a reality for your family.

    Be well.

  5. Twisted Cinderella // January 7, 2009 at 7:01 AM  

    I can completely relate. I am so so much closer to my MIL than I am to my own mother and father. I talk to them only occasionally as it is just too hard to have to deal with them all the time.

    I am lucky though that I have my MIL with whom I can be completely honest and who loves me like her own.

    Oh and Congrats on the pound!

Post a Comment