Being Happy

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 8:36 AM | 1 comments »

I've spent some time this morning reflecting on the way my life has been lately. It's been simple, drama free, quiet, HAPPY. Yes, I'm really happy. I am finally feeling good about myself and it's just making the rest of my life fall right into place. I have so much more energy; for the kids, for hubby, for me. There's a marked improvement in the "intimacy" department in my house and hubby and I have just been having so much more fun with each other lately. Friday night we went out for a date night at a local karaoke bar that a friend owns and I don't think I've laughed that hard in SUCH a long time. True to his form, hubby was the life of the bar, singing and walking around meeting people, and constantly proud to show me off on his arm. It was a great feeling and I was so proud to be with him.

My kids are having a great summer. Zoë (my 10 year old) is in Tampa with her father and gets to spend lots of time with my family who all live there also. Sebastian has gotten to take over the neighborhood in her absence and constantly has friends here or is off playing with kids outside. We're going to Tampa the weekend of July 18th for Zoë's yearly birthday party her father throws and I'm also having a small reunion with some old friends I've reconnected with on facebook. I am really looking forward to it as I have been gone off to NYC for the past 7 years so I missed a lot of friends there. It will also be nice to show off my new body as I'm in better shape now that I was back then!

Going back to college was a huge decision for me and I feel super good about it. I can't wait to start in August. It's going to be so much fun and rewarding.

Really, my hugest problem right now is trying to decide if I'm going to cut my hair an inch or let it grow. I know, sad, huh? LOL Ahh, life is good.

1 comments

  1. Anne H // June 30, 2009 at 7:32 PM  

    If you cut it, it will grow back. or
    If you cut it and you don't like it, it will grow out!

    See, you can't lose, either way!

Post a Comment