"Keep on Keepin' On"

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 12:18 PM | 2 comments »

My grandfather used to say that.. A LOT. It's something I say now to myself often when I'm in the middle of a two hour stretch of heavy workouts. I don't know what's going on with me lately or what I'm doing differently, but something has got my metabolism moving into high gear FINALLY!

Sunday began my "lady time" (I know. Sorry, TMI, right?) and it had been about 7 weeks since I had one. I'm usually on a 5 week cycle or so, but I think all the exercise and weight loss just made it late. (My tubes are tied so no worries there!) Well, it came on with a vengeance and a mission to destroy my day! I was sure I'd gain weight this week because of it. Being the impatient fool that I am, I decided to go ahead and weigh myself this morning just to see how my cycle was affecting my weight loss this week. Well, go figure. I am down another .7 pounds. YEAH! I'm thrilled with losing 1-2 pounds a week at this point. I'm so close to my goal and I know that a rate of 1-2 pounds is best for optimal maintenance. I'm hoping now though that by Friday it's at least 1 whole pound.

I worked out early today also in the hopes of catching the hot Florida sun pool side before the rain kicks in. I'm just now making it out to the pool. Let's see if I get wet!

2 comments

  1. Anne H // June 24, 2009 at 5:50 PM  

    Let's all hope for that pound! Slow and steady, you know.

  2. jinxxxygirl // June 25, 2009 at 7:31 AM  

    Your doing so great Penny! Don't forget little froggy weighin friday !! Jinx!

Post a Comment