I'll take it, thank you very much!

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 5:33 AM | 2 comments »

I am SO happy this morning. All this hard work is paying off and it's paying off at an awesome rate. I lost another 1.8 pounds this week. I'm only 10.2 pounds away from my original goal, so losing 2 pounds a week or so is amazing. I think people forget that we're really not supposed to lose more than 1 or 2 pounds a week for maximum long term results. I know if I start weighing myself everyday, I will become obsessive and freak out over not losing a pound a day! SILLY! Since I've switched to only weighing in on Fridays, it's like a little morning "YEAH" every Friday morning when I see results.

I had a really fun shopping experience this week. I went to go buy a few new nice pairs of shorts. I picked up a brown pair and a black pair and went into the dressing room with my size 12's. Needless to say, I wasn't thinking and those things literally fell right off! So, I went back and got 10's. Those were too big too! So, I had to go try the 8's! They fit just fine, and I have a feeling, in 10 more pounds, those will be too big also.

I cleaned out my closet this week too. I gave away 3 garbage bags of clothes that I either wasn't wearing, or I don't WANT to ever wear again. Anything that was a 14 had to go! And some things I had were just stupid. For instance, why on earth was I holding on to 3 pairs of maternity pants when my youngest and last child is 5?? I must subconsciously thought I was going to get THAT fat? It felt so good to lighten the load in my closet and be able to find everything. It was fun to try on all my size 8 and 10 clothes too. It feels like I got a whole new wardrobe.

I really have to say that while I know diet is the biggest part of weight loss, I am seriously feeling and seeing the results of my working out. I've really increased my strength training and am only doing about 20-30 minutes of cardio everyday. I LOVE Cathe Friedrich on fit tv and have tivo'd almost all of her workouts. They are tough and she really focuses on form and stability. I can see my biceps and I don't think my back has ever been this strong. Her workouts have also really helped me tone my hamstrings and glutes and I feel those muscles working more now when I'm doing squats and lunges, which is nice because I was starting to notice my quads looking a little too bulky in comparison to the back of my legs.

That's really all I have. Otherwise life is good. I'm preparing for school in August. My daughter is in St. Pete with her father for the month. I'm babysitting the neighbor's kid everyday and so Sebastian has a playmate. We spend lots of time at the pool and we're doing the summer packets from their school. I can't believe my baby is going to kindergarten in the fall! Oh, how time flies!

2 comments

  1. ~Oct // June 19, 2009 at 7:41 AM  

    Congratulations! Getting in to smaller clothes is a GREAT feeling.

  2. jinxxxygirl // June 20, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

    You sound like you are on cloud 9! Congrats!Time does fly with kids. My 'baby' is 22! Can't believe that. Ofcourse her mom will be 42 next week....uuughhh!
    Weights do make a heck of difference. I wish we had Fit TV. I remember there used to be exercise channels and craft channels...what happened to them all??
    Fitting in smaller clothes is a wonderful feeling! I can hardly believe my jeans are size 12! Me! At 42 who was once a size 22 now prances around in a 12! Yeah Copper Penny its a GREAT feeling! It really helps you to continue eating the right things and exercising cause you don't ever want to go back the way you were. Jinx!

Post a Comment