Whew - it's over!

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 6:15 AM | 1 comments »

This 3 day weekend seemed to go on forever and I'm really glad it's over. I only hope my waist line will forgive me for what I've done. LOL We started our weekend on Friday with a small bbq. I made italian sausages on the grill and friends brought over side dishes. While I didn't eat much, it was still things that aren't normally in my menus. (including that vodka and cranberry juice!)

Saturday hubby and I were desperately craving sushi for dinner and after driving to our 3 favorite places, we gave up as no one was open. We ended up at Carrabba's and I don't think I'll ever eat there again. We ordered mussels and calamari to start and I only nibbled at those. Then I had the chicken rosa maria. My son ate the mashed potatoes and I had a few bites of chicken. I don't know what did it, but I woke up at 3am with pregnancy style heartburn and my tummy was not good! I spent about 3 hours running to the bathroom.

Sunday we took Sebastian to a water park and had loads of fun. I didn't eat the whole time we were there (which was only 4 hours) so afterwards we went to one of our favorite tex mex restaurants and I had some shrimp and crab quesadillas. I brought home more than half of my small plate and ate the rest for dinner. I feel yucky today, bloated, full, just not right. I realized that it's been so nice the past month not eating out and how much better I feel when I eat the things I cook! I'm not even going to get on a scale until Thursday. Hopefully I can work it all off by then!

1 comments

  1. VRaz60 // July 6, 2009 at 1:49 PM  

    I had the same thing happen a few months ago. After eating at one of our favorite neighborhood places, I was so sick I couldn't believe it. It's no fun, so I certainly sympathize. Does make you appreciate you own cooking tho', doesn't it?

Post a Comment