Your habits define you!

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 10:32 AM | 2 comments »

I just started two new endeavors today (aside from my usual Induction menu on the Atkins plan!) I began a series of podcasts called Inside Out Weightloss. I'm trying to do some housekeeping and figure out why I self sabotage and how I got myself into this mess in the first place. In the first few podcasts she had some questions to address. I'll be working on these for the next few days to really take some time and analyze how I feel about these things. 

What unwanted behaviors do you have?

I eat often and a lot. I make huge plans for drastic weightloss and then give up with the first set back. I eat too much sugar. I have a difficult time saying no to things I know I shouldn't eat/drink. I'm anti-social. 

What unwanted symptoms do you have?

I have a hard time working out. I don't fit in most of my clothes. My hips and shoulders hurt in the mornings. I sweat a lot.

What are the consequences of those behaviors and symptoms? 

I really should be going back to work now that both kids are in school, but because of my weight I feel embarassed and unworthy of even going on interviews. My husband and I are not as intimate as we should be. 

Who is effected? Who isn't? Everyone in my life is affected. I'm grouchy and sad a lot. I don't feel worthy of love. I sometimes yell at the kids when I shouldn't. I am whiny with my husband.

What is your dream? My REAL dream is to be a singer/songwriter/musician. That always has been my real dream. I see myself slim, beautiful, and with my guitar in hand in coffee houses and small venues across Florida. Another dream of mine is to run a marathon, which brings me to my next topic.

I started the "couch to 5k" program today. There was another podcast I downloaded for my ipod that made it really easy to keep track of time while I working the routine. It's always been a dream of mine to be a runner. I don't exactly know why. I just know I feel good after I run. This only requires a 30 minute commitment 3 times a week so it's something I can do for sure. I'm going to alternate this with some of my FIRM dvd's and some various workouts that I enjoy from exercise tv. I don't want to be too rigid about the other workouts. Just do what I feel like that day, whether it's yoga, strength training, step aerobics, an ab routine, or 45 minutes on the Wii Fit. I just know that 3 times a week, starting every Sunday, I'll begin a new routine of my Couch to 5k plan. I'm very excited about this!

2 comments

  1. jinxxxygirl // December 29, 2008 at 3:04 AM  

    I'm excited too!!!!!! Adding another runner to the ranks!!!! You can do this!!!!The running community as a whole is so supportive. i have been so impressed with them over the years. They become like an extended family. Starting back when my daughter was the only runner in the house. All through her highschool years they cheered her on, gave welcomed tip, and advice and boundless encouragement and now when this 41 year old decided she had a runner in her they extend that same enthusiasm to me. Runnersworld.com and Runnersworld magazine is a great resourse too. Love that song by Jordan Sparksl" ONe Step at a Time" You go girl! Jinx

  2. ~Oct // December 29, 2008 at 6:12 AM  

    Admirable dreams! I used to dream about becoming a musician as well ... I mean literal dreams about my guitar and about being a rock star. If you can become a runner at 41 I'll bet you can achieve your dream of performing at coffee houses too! BTW, very cool that your husband is doing low carb with you.

Post a Comment