Little by Little

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 3:34 PM | 1 comments »

For the past several months, my husband and I have been on and off of the Atkins diet. I haven't lost very much weight. In fact, I would venture to bet that if anything, I weigh MORE today than I did on our intial start date, which was October 16th. Days of cheating, drinking wine, eating cookies, and not exercising in between days of eating 10-15 net carbs doesn't do much for the old metabolism. 

I've also discovered that every time we travel to visit relatives, I immediately start eating like a pig. Maybe it's because said relatives smoke and I recently gave up smoking? Maybe it's some kind of internal childhood self sabotage mechanism? A long lasting issue with being the chubby kid maybe? I don't know what it is, but I do intend to win this battle with weight. I want to be healthy and beautiful and fit. I want to be in control of this problem. If I can beat cigarettes, I can beat weight! I'm sure of it., little by little!

1 comments

  1. jinxxxygirl // December 27, 2008 at 8:42 PM  

    I'm sure of it too! :) Thanks for signing up to follow my blog! Look forward to more of your blogs! Jinx!

Post a Comment