A Song for Jillian MIchaels

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 5:39 PM | 1 comments »

I played my guitar and wrote a little bit today. It felt good. I haven't written anything in a while, maybe since mid-summer? I noticed the callouses on my fingers were almost non existent. That's not good. I need to make a point to play my guitar everyday, if only for a few minutes. I want to write something about my mother but there's a pain there that's still too close for me to see objectively. Maybe soon. Maybe not.

I did the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred workout tonight. If she were my trainer, she'd make me cry, but in a good way. I see why they lose weight on that show. It was pretty intense, and I do some pretty good workouts. I think, though, that I've become too accustomed to all of THE FIRM dvd's that I do and they have gotten too easy. Maybe too easy is not the right verbage because I have one of the original THE FIRM dvd's from the 1980's and this woman Susan Harris really kicks my rear. But maybe I just need some new exercises? Like muscle confusion? Just a guess on my part, of course, but I'm giving it a shot, especially since I ate a small bag of nuts totalling about 10 carbs that came in a gift basket from Harry and David's. It arrived today from my father and I threw out EVERYTHING except the pears and the small bag of mixed nuts. Once I ate those, I stopped tracking my carbs for the day. I don't know why. I'm sure I didn't eat more than 30 carbs, even with those nuts, but whatever. It is what it is. At least I threw out the chocolate and the caramel corn. Oh how I love caramel corn!

1 comments

  1. jinxxxygirl // December 30, 2008 at 5:38 PM  

    Good for you Girl! The day after Christmas i went thru the house and got rid of all the chocolate and cookies etc....Thats It! Gotta draw the line somewhere. ONe good thing though if i have stuff like that i don't want i take it to work or send it to work with my hubby. Put it on the breakroom table and 'POOF' its GONE!! Did that to a whole box of chocolate covered cherries someone gave us this year. Put it on the table first thing in the morning and by lunch just had an empty box.

Post a Comment