Tonight's Dinner as Created by my 5 year old son!

Posted by Sweet Copper Penny | 4:00 PM | 1 comments »


So my son, Sebastian, asked yesterday if he could help cook dinner tonight. Of course  I said yes and we started to look through the fridge and pantry to decide what he wanted to cook. All on his own, he decided we needed to use skinless, bonelesss chicken breasts, sugar free apricot preserves, romaine lettuce, mandarin oranges, and raisins. So, with a little tweaking, that's exactly what we made. I mixed some of the apricot preserves with some chipotle tobasco sauce and glazed the chicken with it. Then I baked it. For the salad, I mixed romaine, celery and onions. Then I made a dressing of 1/4 cup of the mandarin orange juice from the can, 2 tbs. of balsamic vinegar, 2 tbs. of honey and 1 tbs. of dijon mustard with a nice grind of black pepper in it. We dirzzled that over the lettuce and then added the oranges and raisins. YUM! The whole dinner is about 400 calories and completely delicious! I think I have a little budding chef on my hands!

1 comments

  1. Chai Latté // May 28, 2009 at 7:43 PM  

    Wow! A tiny little Bobby Flay! :-)

    Sounds delicious!

Post a Comment